NH Audubon, a nonprofit statewide membership organization, is dedicated to the conservation of wildlife and habitat throughout the state. Independent of the National Audubon Society, NH Audubon has offered programs in wildlife conservation, land protection, environmental policy, and environmental education since 1914. The mission of New Hampshire Audubon is to protect New Hampshire’s natural environment for wildlife and for people.
Listed below are the current full-time, part-time, temporary and seasonal positions available at New Hampshire Audubon.
TITLE: MASSABESIC CENTER ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR
LOCATION: Massabesic Center, Auburn NH
HOURS: Tuesday-Friday, with Saturday rotation. Days and hours vary according to schedule, events or needs. Additional hours may be required as necessary.
SCHEDULE: 24 hours per week, part-time non-exempt (hourly paid) staff position. Schedule may vary according to needs.
FUNCTION: This position will support the mission of New Hampshire Audubon: to protect New Hampshire’s natural environment for wildlife and for people by coordinating all aspects of registration for school programs, camp, facility rentals and other NHA sponsored events and programs at the Massabesic Center and by welcoming visitors to the Center.
Ensure efficient and effective coordination and implementation of NHA sponsored programs and events by:
- Coordinating registration for all Center programs such as school/youth group programs, birthday parties, adult/family programs, preschool and home school classes.
- Managing the master schedule for the Massabesic Center and communicating schedule and changes to the Program Naturalists and volunteers.
- Maintaining the volunteer educator database.
- Serving as the first point of contact for incoming calls and visitors; greeting visitors in a welcoming manner and fostering positive relationships with the community.
- Responding to all inquiries and questions via phone, email and in person.
- Responding to all event and facility rental inquiries and questions via phone, email and in person.
- Collecting all program registration information and ensuring all paperwork is complete.
- Maintaining database of program records through Excel.
- Providing the Program Naturalist with registration lists to assist with program delivery.
- Managing program fee billing, accounting paperwork, deposits and petty cash.
- Coordinating and processing all vacation camp and summer camp registrations for the Massabesic Center.
- Maintaining database of camper records -using Camp Brain software.
- Collecting all camp registration information and ensuring all paperwork is complete with payment.
- Providing the Program Director and other staff, as appropriate, with registration lists to assist with camp check-ins.
- Reporting new or renewed memberships to the NHA Membership & Development Coordinator.
- Managing deposit collection, payments and accounting paperwork.
- Generating and submitting reports to the Accountant.
- Coordinating all facility rental contracts and specifications.
- Managing all group art shows and recruiting individuals for solo shows.
- Managing the annual Wild NH Photo Contest and Auction including guideline establishment, publicity, application distribution and submission, judging schedules, framing, photo return, photo display, auction dates, food and drink solicitation, supplies and end of show wrap up.
- Coordinating the annual wreath sale including wreath orders, volunteers, pickup and payment.
- Opening and closing center as required and performing light housekeeping duties to present a clean and neat appearance; ensuring that the center is set up for the next day’s activities after an event or program.
- Assisting with animal care and feeding, as required.
- Performing general administrative duties including volunteer supervision, volunteer training, IT issues, monitoring and ordering office supplies, and acting as cashier for events.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
LEADERSHIP: Reports to the Massabesic Center Director
WORKING CONDITIONS: Excellent; non-smoking environment.
Education: High School graduate or GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: Three to five years program and event administration experience with demonstrated ability to make independent and coordinated decisions. Must have excellent telephone and administrative skills and experience with MS Office and database programs; experience with event registration software and reporting programs desirable.
Skills, Traits and Characteristics Necessary for Success: Requires exceptional interpersonal skills, attention to detail, good problem solving skills, solid communication skills and a high degree of organization. Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, a positive attitude, excellent customer service skills, ability to work independently, and a professional and courteous manner.
Physical Demands: To perform the essential functions of the position, the following applies: requires standing, stretching, bending, walking, lifting and transporting a minimum of 25 pounds. Must be able to climb stairs as well as be physically and mentally capable of performing multiple tasks under extended heavy pressure and be able to function in a fast paced environment.
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes a tax deferred retirement plan, health care plan, flexible spending accounts and generous vacation time*.
*Eligibility for benefits is based on hours requirements.
NH Audubon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.