NH Audubon, a nonprofit statewide membership organization, is dedicated to the conservation of wildlife and habitat throughout the state. Independent of the National Audubon Society, NH Audubon has offered programs in wildlife conservation, land protection, environmental policy, and environmental education since 1914. The mission of New Hampshire Audubon is to protect New Hampshire’s natural environment for wildlife and for people.
Listed below are the current full-time, part-time, temporary and seasonal positions available at New Hampshire Audubon.
Now hiring for:
LOCATION: McLane Center, Concord, NH
HOURS: Core schedule to be determined; days vary according to schedule.
SCHEDULE: 20 hours per week, part-time, non-exempt (hourly paid) staff position. Schedule may vary according to needs.
FUNCTION: This position will support the mission of New Hampshire Audubon: to protect New Hampshire’s natural environment for wildlife and for people, by providing general administrative support to the President and additional staff within the organization.
LEADERSHIP: Reports to the President
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Ensure efficient and effective general administrative support for the President and additional staff within the organization by performing the following essential job functions:
Providing Administrative Support to President:
Specific tasks include:
- Manage President’s Outlook calendar and e-mail, and scheduled meetings.
- Monitor availability of President and coordinate communications with staff, when needed.
- Assist President with on-line biweekly timekeeping tasks.
- Maintain current information in organization documents and records; distribute documents to appropriate staff, members, partners, and other recipients.
- Develop and maintain organized filing system for the President’s office.
- Maintain an organized, efficient and welcoming work environment (both personal workspace and President’s).
- Complete general office tasks including, but not limited to running errands, filing, photocopying, faxing, scanning and working in cooperation with McLane Center Administrator to maintain fax and copier equipment.
- Develop templates and protocol for submitting correspondence and testimony to President for review and signature.
- Establish and maintain digital and hard copy records of all correspondence and legislative testimony.
Serving as liaison between President and Board of Trustees:
Specific tasks include:
- Maintain central repository for NHA Board and Committee meeting minutes.
- Record meeting minutes and attend BOT meetings when requested.
- Serve as main point of contact and assist President with administrative requests from the Board of Trustees.
- Maintain files on Board of Trustees members and potential members.
- Assist with orientation and onboarding of BOT members.
Providing administrative support to staff within organization:
Specific tasks include:
- Record meeting minutes at monthly all-staff meeting (and other meetings, as requested) and implement systems to store and share minutes, as appropriate.
- Support Membership & Development Department with mailings and special event coordination.
- Purchase and prepare refreshments for meetings, including monthly all staff meetings.
- Plan and coordinate birthday, holiday and other special staff events or celebrations at McLane Center or other venues.
- Provide administrative support to Centers, as needed
WORKING CONDITIONS: Open office environment which can be active and have elevated noise levels with potential distractions.
Education: High School graduate or GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: Two to three years administrative experience with demonstrated ability to make independent and coordinated decisions. Experience with social media, updated office technology, and strong experience and/or demonstrated skills with MS Office products and database programs.
Skills, Traits and Characteristics Necessary for Success: The candidate must have exceptional communication skills including interpersonal, written, and phone skills with a high level of professionalism and courtesy and ability to maintain confidentiality. Also required are exceptional administrative skills, attention to detail, good problem solving skills, and a high degree of organization. Candidate must have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, a positive attitude, excellent customer service skills, and ability to work independently.
Physical Demands: The position requires standing, stretching, bending, walking, lifting and transporting a minimum of 25 pounds. Candidate must be physically and mentally capable of performing multiple tasks under extended heavy pressure and be able to function in a fast paced environment. Candidate must also be capable of using visual display keyboard with continuous wrist movement on a keyboard. Some local travel will be required. Valid NH driver’s license required.
DATE: August 2016
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Director of Human Resources
84 Silk Farm Rd.
Concord, NH 03301
Or E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please title e-mail: “Admin. Assistant”
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes a tax deferred retirement plan, health care plan, flexible spending accounts and generous vacation time*.
*Eligibility for benefits is based on hours requirements.
NH Audubon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.