NH Audubon, a nonprofit statewide membership organization, is dedicated to the conservation of wildlife and habitat throughout the state. Independent of the National Audubon Society, NH Audubon has offered programs in wildlife conservation, land protection, environmental policy, and environmental education since 1914. The mission of New Hampshire Audubon is to protect New Hampshire’s natural environment for wildlife and for people.
Listed below are the current full-time, part-time, temporary and seasonal positions available at New Hampshire Audubon.
LOCATION: McLane Center
HOURS: 16 hours
SCHEDULE: Non-exempt (hourly paid) staff position. Schedule to be determined; may vary according to needs.
FUNCTION: This position will support the mission of New Hampshire Audubon: to protect New Hampshire’s natural environment for wildlife and for people, by managing the database system utilized for tracking members, donors and contributions, analyzing the integrity and consistency of constituent information, providing timely and accurate reporting.
LEADERSHIP: Reports to the Director of Membership & Development
Ensure efficient and effective coordination and management of the New Hampshire Audubon database system in order to accurately provide membership, donor, and contribution information by:
Ensuring that the Raiser’s Edge software is utilized in a competent and professional manner by:
- Developing and producing monthly and quarterly reports from the Raiser’s Edge database and managing other database queries within the department.
- Establishing, implementing and maintaining a Raiser’s Edge procedures manual.
- Maintaining positive working relationships with contacting software vendors and IT consultants.
- Collaborating with the Membership Coordinator to develop and implement a system to process and acknowledge gifts and membership payments in a timely manner.
- Performing email address imports and exports to/from iContact Database.
- Training staff and volunteers where appropriate.
- Managing Membership & Development Department’s electronic data files.
- Working with the Membership & Development team to segment the database for mass mailings, (e.g. membership acquisition mailings, annual fund mailings).
- Producing donor recognition lists, campaign and appeal summaries and custom materials and lists for campaigns.
- Creating the Annual Report donor list.
- Reconciling revenue with the Director of Finance on a monthly basis.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Excellent; non-smoking environment.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Experience: Five to seven years business office and fundraising software experience required; experience managing a mailing and membership operation preferred. Demonstrated ability to make independent and coordinated decisions required. Must have excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills with the ability to work effectively within a diverse community. Experience with spreadsheet, word processing and database software programs required. Previous experience working with volunteers in a non-profit setting preferred.
Skills, Traits and Characteristics Necessary for Success: Requires exceptional interpersonal and collaborative skills including attention to detail, superior problem solving skills, ability to communicate with the general public and a high degree of organization. Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, a positive attitude, excellent customer service skills, ability to work independently, and a professional and courteous manner.
Physical Demands: To perform the essential functions of the position, the following applies: requires standing, stretching, bending, walking, lifting and transporting a minimum of 25 pounds. Must be able to climb stairs as well as be physically and mentally capable of performing multiple tasks under extended heavy pressure and be able to function in a fast paced environment.
To Apply: Please send cover letter including salary requirements and current resume to:
Director of Human Resources
84 Silk Farm Rd.
Concord, NH 03301
Or E-mail to: email@example.com
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes a tax deferred retirement plan, health care plan, flexible spending accounts and generous vacation time*.
*Eligibility for benefits is based on hours requirements.
NH Audubon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.