- This event has passed.
Wings at Your Window: Extending Curricula with Bird Observations
October 2, 2014 @ 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm| 35
Liven up the winter by attracting birds to your classroom window for close observation. Then use student observations to integrate language arts, math, art, and science. Participants will leave with activities, bird seed, and a feeder to begin a winter bird observation program with their students. Earn two hours of professional development credit.
Cost: $35 members; 40 non-members
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to
- Describe basic winter bird biology
- Identify common winter birds
- Use bird observation tools: journal, field guide, binocular
- Set-up a bird feeding station
- Access bird-focused activities
- Discuss ties to Common Core Standards
What to Bring (Optional)
- Sketch of the area where you plan to set-up bird feeder(s)
- Thumb drive for free copy of Cornell Lab of Ornithology’s “Feathered Friends” curriculum