Let Doreen and Djenga teach you how to help prevent your children and grandchildren from getting lost in the woods and what to do if it happens. Join New England K-9 Search & Rescue for this important and fun workshop on Sunday, June 10, from 1-3pm at the McLane Center in Concord. Plus, meet the new puppy and see how training is going!
- How children can stay safe in the woods and what to do if they become lost or separated from their family
- What children should carry in their backpacks for lostproofing
- How dogs find people and what to expect
- The video “Lost and Found Safe and Sound” by the Association of National Parks
- A demonstration of Djenga finding a child hidden in the forest
When: 1-3pm, June 10, 2018
Where: McLane Center, 84 Silk Farm Road, Concord
Cost: Members $10/family; Non-members $15/family
Who: Families with children 6+
What to bring: The program will begin inside, then end with a short hike in the woods for a search and find demonstration. Wear sturdy shoes for a woods walk and bring bug repellent.
Registration Required (click link for online registration)
Questions may be directed to: email@example.com